Mom's Chocolate Oatmeal

First and foremost - this is not rocket science, just something my sweet mommy made for us growing up. I happily make this for my girls when I can. They LOVE it, request it, and would eat it weekly if I made it. As with other favorites, I don't have a recipe but do have sisters who have great memories. Anyways, I love making something delicious for my kids that my Mom made for us - something sweet about it. 


Mom's Chocolate Oatmeal


3c Quaker Oats (I used Quick 1 Minute)
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C Cocoa Powder
3 1/2 C water
dash of salt


Boil water, then add cocoa and sugar. Stir to mix in. Stir in oats and cook about 1 min over med heat, stir to keep from sticking or burning. Taste oatmeal and add cocoa or sugar if needed. Everyone likes it different.
Serve in deep bowls with a splash of milk.
Serves 4
Enjoy!
Join the party at:


TheKrAzYKiTcHeN




Comments

Unknown said…
Chocolate oatmeal, oh boy!!! Now I can have chocolate in the morning for breakfast. Now now life is complete. Chocolate all day long. THANKS!!! for the GREAT!!! recipe. Geri
That sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing this unique way to make oatmeal (which is one of my favorite breakfast foods!). :)
Heather S-G said…
Why have I never thought of adding chocolate to oatmeal? Ingenius!! I think maybe I could even get my kid to eat it this way! Thanks for bringing it to Simple Saturday :)
SnoWhite said…
this looks wonderful -- like a no-bake cookie for breakfast ;)