Double Whammy German Chocolate Cupcakes!

It's Girls Monday tomorrow so I thought I'd try some new cupcakes. I don't know what it is but I always have to change things up. When I find a real nice recipe I just can't handle it! I have to take away and add stuff until it is mine. Oh well these were easy and a little different than some german chocolate cakes I've tried - not so heavy but light and creamy. They are mine and you'll love them...I did :)



1 box German Chocolate Cake mix
1 c water
3 whole eggs
1 egg yolk
1/2 c vegetable oil (I used a small 4oz cup of applesauce)
1 can of coconut pecan frosting
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
3 Tbsp butter or margarine
1/3 c chopped pecans
1/3 c flaked coconut
1/3 c white choc chips
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350º
In large bowl, combine cake mix, cocoa, water, 3 eggs, oil(or applesauce), 1/3 c condensed milk and can of frosting.Beat on low speed until moistened, scrape down sides and beat on high for 2 more minutes. Pour into greased and floured 13x9" pan or lined muffin tins. Bake 40-45minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. I baked my cupcakes for about 20minutes. While they are cooling a bit you can make topping. In a small saucepan combine remaining sweetened condensed milk, egg yolk and butter - over medium heat cook and stir until thickened, about 6 minutes. Add pecans, coconut, vanilla extract and chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted and then spread over cake or cupcakes. Mine ran all down sides so I just added another liner to each one. Sprinkle with a little coconut to prettify them. Store leftovers in fridge...if you have any.
Enjoy!
Go join Cupcake Tuesday @





Comments

Those look amazing! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz
UnfinishedMom said…
Wow! I never thought about making German Chocolate cupcakes. What a creative idea!