Faux Crab Cakes

My mother is no longer with us but she is never far from my mind. Whether it's the way I am cleaning something or doing someones hair, she is somewhere in the air. 
She use to make us these tuna cakes - pretty simple, crunchy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. I've never made them before but decided today was the day. She served these on bread with a little mayo.




1 package albacore tuna
1 eggs
1/3 c cracker crumbs or bread crumbs 
s+p
garlic
1 Tbsp chopped onion
veg oil


I mixed tuna, eggs, crackers, seasonings, and chopped onion. Heat oil, shape mixture into patties and fry in pan. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel covered plate and let them drain. I toasted some bread and slathered on some mayonnaise, I love making something that my mother made for me, it's always different but still the same :)  
  

Comments