Creamy Cucumber Salad

When I was growing up, my friend's father use to grill us steaks in the summer and her mother always made this wonderful cucumber salad, it was so cool and creamy, so good. I really loved it and decided to make the salad today. It is a perfect side dish for any kind of grilling, even burgers. 
It takes me back to those long summer days when I was still to young to worry about what to make for dinner :) 


6 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 small sweet onion (optional)
16 oz sour cream
one pkg of dry ranch dressing mix
3 Tbsp basalmic vinegar
2 Tbsp dill (fresh or dry)
Peel and slices cucumbers into thin slices, blot them dry with a paper towel. Slice onions into thin slices like your cucumbers. Combine all of your ingredients and pour over cucumbers and onions. Gently mix them until they are blended. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Enjoy! 

Comments