Egg-less Strawberry Ice Cream!

Sometimes I worry about raw eggs when I cook for my kids, so I have been on the look out for egg less ice cream.  Some people make ice cream with eggs, pasteurized eggs or the slightly cooked egg way like I did with my Peppermint Ice Cream but, I wanted something easier of course. Made this today - it didn't even need food coloring. I love the natural colors that come with fresh strawberries. 
It was creamy and dreamy.... just like ice cream should be.
  1 pint ripe strawberries (hulled and sliced)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a small bowl mix the strawberries with the cinnamon and the 1/3 cup of sugar. Allow to sit at room temperature and macerate for about 2 hrs. In a medium bowl mix whisk the 2/3 cup of sugar with whole milk until the sugar is dissolved (about 1-2 min). Stir in the heavy cream as well as some of the juice from the berries and the vanilla. Follow the directions for your ice cream maker.Add the strawberries in the remaining 5 minutes and then freeze until ready to use or enjoy it soft serve style.
Enjoy!
Go join Lisa for some yummy ideas!

Comments

This is the perfect recipe for this time of year! I love how easy it is. - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com
Brenda said…
With 2 cups of heavy cream I bet this is amazing!
Avril said…
Yummy! About how much ice cream does this make? Would you say about a quart?