Texas White Sheet Cake

Needed something for a crowd and of course it had to be quick and easy. Made this cake today for a gathering tomorrow. It only gets better the longer it sits, and it will be gone so fast you'll want to make two of them next time.


1 c butter, cubed
1 c water
2 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c sour cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
Frosting:
1/2 c butter, cubed
1/4 c milk
4 1/2 c confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c pecans


In a large saucepan, bring butter and water just to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, salt, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla extract - mix until smooth and blended.
Pour into a greased 15"x 10" x 1" baking pan. Bake at 375º for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.

For frosting:
In large saucepan, bring butter and milk just to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Stir in pecans and spread over warm cake. Cuts into about 20 squares. 

Comments

What an interesting recipe. going into my recipe file, thank you very much.

:)
ButterYum
Stephanie said…
This looks yummy! I am most definetly going to have to give it a try!
Maria said…
I'm trying to reach through my screen to get a piece of that delicious cake! The pecans are putting that recipe in my recipe folder!

Enjoy a sweet weekend ~ Maria
Hi Mickey,
I have never heard of Texas white sheetcake, but I do love the choc
variety, it is awesome.
course yours looks pretty awesome too, can you email me a piece?? lol

Your family must just love you to pcs cause you make them all this scrumptious stuff!!
Have a great day hon,
Blessings, Nellie
Avril said…
Oh HOORAY!!! I adore "sheet cake" - and now I have a resource for a non-chocolate one! It looks sooooo yummy! Thank you for sharing! :-)