Italian Cream Cupcakes!


Classes have started and I just got the kids off to school. :) My brain is quickly going through recipes....what can I whip up while starting laundry and doing dishes?  I decided on an easy Italian Cream Cake....the simple version of course and I am sure this is not how a real Italian mother would make hers. I just wanted something fun, easy and yummy and I came across this one - plus I also have to drop off dry cleaning, a FED EX box... and then start picking up kids. You know the drill :) 
Of course my Italian Cake turned into Italian cupcakes :) These are sweet and full of texture, hope you like them.








  • 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix 





  • 1 stick butter, softened





  • 1 1/4 cups buttermilk





  • 3 egg whites





  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 





  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract 





  • 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained 





  • 1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut (plus some to sprinkle on tops if you like)





  • 2 cups chopped pecans, divided (save 1 cup for frosting) 





  • 2 (16-ounce) cans cream cheese frosting


















  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    I used paper liners for my cupcakes, spray tins if you don't. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, buttermilk, egg whites, and extracts. Beat with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in crushed pineapple, coconut, and 1 cup pecans. Divide batter into 24 cupcake tins. Bake in preheated oven for about 22 minutes or until tester inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes then turn out on to wire racks to cool completely.
    In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup pecans and frosting. If making cake just cut with a serrated knife, cut both cakes horizontally to make 4 layers. Frost your tops, and sprinkle with coconut  and extra chopped pecans if you like.
    Join Lisa for her party!


    Tempt my Tummy Tuesday















  • Cole has a party too!
    Lovely Yellow Ribbons


    Comments