Lemon Fruited poppy Seed Loaf


You've seen the Starbucks Iced lemon Pound Cake, haven't you? If you've had it, you know....I wanted to make something like it but wanted to amp it up. While looking around, I ran across breakfast/tea breads with fruit and nuts added to them so this is where my brain went. Of course I had to add poppy seeds:) I love the end results. It smells so good...and so easy. Now I need that cup o joe.

1box lemon cake mix
1 box (3 3/4 oz) lemon pudding
1 c water
1/2 c veg oil
4 whole eggs
3 tbsp poppy seeds (I added about 5 or more, I love them)
1/3 c chopped pecans 
1/3 c dried fruit (I used dried mangoes and dried cherries, use your favorites)








2 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
2 tsp milk
Mix cake mix and pudding, toss in pecans and fruit to coat. Now add everything else. Lightly grease 2 regular loaf pans and pour batter evenly into them. Bake for 30-45 minutes until golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pans. Place on wire rack with wax paper underneath (to catch drippings). Mix powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice for icing - make it as thin or as thick as you like. Taste it and add what you need. Now drizzle icing over warm cake, just allow it to set up before you store it. This loaf was so full of flavors, just wait until you make it, they will be begging you for the recipe, I promise.
Go join the parties@
Lovely Yellow Ribbons
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday

















Comments

Unknown said…
In the last week this is the second Lemon Poppy Seed Cake/Bread recipe I have read. Must mean I need to make something with Poppy Seeds!
Avril said…
Love how you have "ampted up" a lemon poppy seed bread! Wish I could have a slice with you over a cup of Joe! :-)
Poppy said…
YumYumYum! And SO easy! Packaged cake mix and pudding. Wonderful!
You are a culinary genius with the fruit and nuts. And frosting? How delicious...
GRAMS said…
That looks so nummy. I'm going to make it for sure. Thanks for sharing.