Cinnamon Nut Pastry Sticks

I was looking for a nice little "cookie" for a coffee break. Don't really know what category this fails into. It's a crispy, crunchy, sweet, pie, bar kinda cookie. I know these will be perfect on a Christmas Cookie Platter. Tell me what you think.
                       This is week 3 !




Pillsbury Refrigerated pie crust (1 crust)
1 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp chopped nuts
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg white, slightly beaten
Heat oven to 425º. Roll crust out into a 14 x 8" rectangle. Place on a ungreased sheet and spread with butter. Mix nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle lenthwise over half of your rectangle. Moisten your fingertip with water and rub on all edges. Fold your pastry over on top of your filling side. Press edges together to seal all around, flute edges. Prick top of pastry with fork in several places, brush with egg white. Sprinkle with left over sugar mix and bake until golden brown, about 9-11 minutes. Cut into whatever size slices you want.
Drizzle with melted chocolate.... if you like that sort of thing.

Week 3 Twelve Weeks of Christmas:


           

Comments

Hi Mickey,
they look darn good to me!!
I am having a snack attack now!! lol
Um Um!!
Hope you are doing well.
Blessings, Nellie
Katrina said…
Ooh, I do think those sound great. Love the pie crust use!
Pam said…
this reminds me of when my Mom would make pies for Thanksgiving and Christmas and if she had dough leftover she'd roll it out, dot it with butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it and bake it for us kids. It was delicious, so I am certain these would be, too! Thanks for sharing!
Avril said…
LOVE the yummy simplicity of this treat Mickey!

Happy Friday!!!! :-)
Megan said…
These sound and look like a wonderful addition to a cookie platter. Kind of wish I had one right now! :)
Steph said…
Yum! And in response to the chocolate drizzle...yes, I like that sort of things :)
Sue said…
I bet these are so buttery and flaky with the pie crust! YUM!
Lisa said…
What a great idea for using pie crust. I'd definitely be a chocolate drizzler.
Jennifer said…
These sound good to me, as I love crisp pastry!!
megan said…
It kind of reminds me of a cheaters baklava.


Ooooh - baklava.

Anyway, it looks like it would fall into the bar category - but really, does it matter? It's all good!
Lee Ann said…
Those look so good!!
Melynda said…
These look delicious!
Ally said…
These are beautiful! :)
Wende said…
These look good and sooo easy!
Jamie said…
These are like pie cookies. What a great thing to add to traditional cookies. I bet they tasted great.
April said…
These sound perfect for a platter!!
FUN! I love that they start with something as simple as a pie crust. And they look really yummy!