Cherry Marshmallow Cake

Now here's a cake that you can make your own. I used what I had (yellow cake mix and cherry pie filling) but.....I can clearly see I am gonna have to make a chocolate/cherry mix one very soon. Yum! It was quick, simple, and easy. Try it and let me know what you come up with :)
5c mini marshmallows
1 bx cake mix
1 can pie filling
1 (8oz) container of Cool Whip
Grease a 9x13" pan. Now sprinkle with marshmallows, covering bottom of pan completely - set aside.
Mix cake batter according to directions on the box and pour over marshmallows in pan. Next spoon pie filling over cake batter - it will not cover entire cake.
Bake at 350º for about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost whole cake with Cool Whip.  Cover with foil and keep in refrigerator.
Linking up with:
Foodie Friday at Designs by GollumSweet Tooth Friday
TidyMom I'm Lovin' It

Comments

Hi Mickey - I think this is my first visit to your blog. Nice to meet you. Happy Foodie Friday.

:)
ButterYum
How easy is this? I love it!

I'd love for you to share this recipe on my weekly link-up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/05/05/homemade-coffee-creamer/
Lori said…
What a fun blog you have!!! I love it!! I am now a follower and hope that you'll visit our blog soon!

Lori
Lisa said…
What an interesting recipe. Do the marshmallows all disappear or are they still there at the bottom of the cake?
Mickey said…
Yes Lisa, those marshmallows do disappear - into deliciousness :)
mickey
Anonymous said…
Oh my..this is seriously delicious.I love the combination.Thanks for sharing
Meg Luby said…
this is so intriguing! the fruit ends up on the bottom, the marshmallows making a sugared bottom, the cake keeping everything in place...genius! thanks so much for sharing, love you and your blog :)
-meg
@ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com