EGGNOG!

Wow! The new year came in...I was so sick I barely noticed. Oh well, I'm feeling much better and have a list of goodies I have to try. I will get my eggnog thing over with, since the grocery store will soon stop selling eggnog all together. So if any of you have leftover egg, here's an idea for you.
Eggnog Pudding?  Ha! I know you're smiling now :)
3T cornstarch
2 c cold eggnog
2 T dark rum
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of grated nutmeg
Pour 1c of eggnog into a saucepan, add your 3 tbsp of cornstarch. Whisk them together until it's pretty smooth and lump free. Add remaining eggnog, rum and vanilla. Turn heat to medium high and cook, constantly whisking and stirring until it thickens up - about 8-10 minutes.
Immediately pour into 4 serving cups and cover with plastic. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving or even overnight. Sprinkle with your grated nutmeg. I just threw together some heavy cream, sugar and cinnamon for a dreamy whip topping.
Say goodbye to eggnog for the year :(

Comments

Unknown said…
This is a super idea.
Avril said…
Happy New Year Mickey! I am so sorry to hear that you were sick for the 1st of the year....sure hope you are feeling better now!

I have yet to have eggnog for this past holiday season! - and I LOVE it. BUT I am the only one that drinks it in my house so tend to only buy it for myself. Now that I've seen this scrumptious pudding recipe of yours I will def grab a container of eggnog next time I see it at the store. :-)