Coconut Zucchini Donuts

I'm always on the lookout for something different and unique so when I came across these awhile ago I knew I wanted to try them. Don't know where I saw them but I'm glad I found them. They are a cross between a bread and cake....like a donut. They did take a while to bake up but were nice in the end.
Loved how easy they were...and they are vegan too :)
1 1/2 c finely shredded zucchini - about 2 medium sized
3/4 c coconut cream
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 pouch of sugar cookie mix (yea I know)
Preheat oven to 400º
 Mix zucchini, coconut and coconut oil together- stir until combined. Add your coconut cream to the mix, stir to blend in. Next you will add your cookie mix, one cup at a time until everything is blended.
I used a donut pan and just filled them and baked them for about 30 minutes. Another way to make them is just to pipe them onto a parchment line cookie sheet (they will spread) about 2"-3" apart. Bake for about 12-15 minutes until edges are golden and centers spring back when touched. They will rise a little like a whoopie pie. Let them cool slightly before letting them cool completely on wire rack.



Comments