Broccoli Slaw



This is a recipe I got from my best friend Lisa. She's a runner and loves having this to munch on through out the day. This slaw is high in vitamins C, K, and A, it is also high in fiber and protein. Once I tried it I was hooked - love it. Husband says it's girls food - oh well, more for us girls!
Broccoli Slaw

1 Lrg bag of Broccoli Slaw (you can find it near pre-packaged salads)
1 1/2 c spanish peanuts
1 c sunflower seeds
1 c raisins or dried cherries
1 pkg Oriental Flavored Ramen Noodles (break up dry noodles to bite size pieces)
1 seasoning pack from your noodles
1/3 c red wine vinegar
3/4 c veg oil
1/2 c sugar

Mix broccoli, peanuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, and dry noodles in large bowl.
Heat vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, and sugar in pot until sugar melts. As most recipes, taste it and add more seasoning or sugar - whatever taste best to you. I always do.
Let liquid cool then pour over broccoli mix. I dump mine into a large ziploc bag and then chill it overnight. It always taste better the next day, if you can wait. To serve slaw just transfer it to a bowl and discard remaining liquid (I know some people who make it and eat it immediately!)
Enjoy!

Comments