Chocolate Zucchini Bread



I am on a mission to find my Dad some healthy sweets, well...healthier than my usual treats I make him. I was looking for a cupcake that I could add carrots, zucchini, bananas and stuff like that to. This is what my first try looks like.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

3/4 c unsalted butter
4 oz semisweet choc (chopped)
1 c sugar
1/2 c light brown sugar
1 1/2 c shredded unpeeled zucchini
3 eggs
1/3 c mascarpone cheese
1/2 c shredded sweet coconut
1/2 c shredded carrots
1/3 c buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 c all purpose flour

Heat oven to 350*
Melt together butter and chocolate over med heat in a double boiler, when melted remove from heat and mix in mascarpone cheese until it melts in with choc mixture.
Put mixture into bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
Add in sugars,zucchini,eggs and vanilla on low until combined.
In large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Add half of dry ingredients to mixing bowl, then add buttermilk, then remaining dry ingredients. Blend well.

Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4" loaf pans. As you can see I made mine into muffins - easy to grab and go. I baked them for about 15 min but, just bake until brown and toothpick comes out without crumbs.
Cool about 10 minutes on wire rack.
I added a little melted chocolate on top just to lure him in. Enjoy!

Comments