Shrimp Scampi





Gonna throw you for a loop and make something savory! This recipe is a family favorite and came from Emeril Lagasse's kids cookbook. He does have an adult version that has more of a kick to it, but this one is great for kids.
Another quick and easy recipe. My 9 year old can almost make it by herself!
Please let me apologize for my terrible pics! I am in serious need of a photography class - I will add that to my list.:)

Shrimp Scampi

1 1/2 lbs of small shrimp (peeled and deveined)
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp chopped green onions
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 lb pasta cooked according to package (we use spaghetti or linguini)

*Our family likes their Scampi on the creamy side, so I add 1/4 c heavy cream and 1/4 c Shredded Romano/Parmesan cheese. Totally optional. :)

In a mixing bowl, season your shrimp with 1/2 tsp of your salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Toss to coat.
Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, until pink.
Add lemon juice, garlic, chicken broth, green onion, and the remaining 1/4 tsp of salt to the skillet. Bring it all to a boil and cook until liquid is slightly reduced - 2-3 min. *Here's where I add my cream and cheese.
Remove the pan from heat and stir in butter and chopped parsley.
Toss with cooked pasta and serve hot.
Enjoy!

Comments