Cornflake Coconut Butterscotch Cookies

Found this little gem somewhere and and changed it up a bit. I don't know about you but I am always a little reluctant to try a "weird" recipe but...here I go. Of course I can't leave well enough alone so I added butterscotch chips to half the dough. I am brilliant! They are really so, so good but I have to say the chips really take them to another level! 

Cornflake Coconut Butterscotch Cookies

1c shortening
1c sugar
1c brown sugar
2 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2c coconut flakes
2c cornflakes
1c butterscotch chips

Cream your shortening and sugars together. Mix in eggs and vanilla, then add flour, baking soda,salt, and baking powder. Fold in coconut,cornflakes, and butterscotch chips. Drop by tbsp onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Enjoy!

Comments