Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chicken Curry Salad sandwich


Have you ever made one of your favorite recipes and just changed one ingredient? Either traded it out with something else or just added a new ingredient to the mix. Well that's what I did today. I make this Curry Chicken Salad quite often and it's always been great but, today I had this avocado speaking to me. Seriously, it really spoke to me! It was right, it totally upgraded this already delicious sandwich.




2c cooked chopped chicken
1/3 c mayo
1/3 c mustard
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 c sour cream
3 fresh basil leaves (chopped up)
salt & pepper to taste
sliced avocado


Mix everything except avocado, taste and fix to your liking, some people like theirs with less mustard/mayo and some of us with more :)  Make your sandwich and add sliced avocado. You can even spoon it into a mound and serve it with crackers. It's easy, quick and so good.
Enjoy!
Go over to Simple Saturday and look around, her Apple Butter looks so good! 
Simple Saturday ~ girlichef

3 comments:

girlichef said...

mmmmm....one of my favorite lunch items!! Chicken salad rocks because it's so versatile :) Thanks so much for bringing it to Simple Saturday!

ButterYum said...

Sounds utterly divine!

:)
ButterYum

Keri said...

Hi'ya, May I say that this sandwich is calling to me. I think it was probably delicious, no? I just happened on to your blog ans thought I'd nose around a little. Great read. Thanks. Keri

p.s. come by and see me at www.samwich365.com, okay? thanks a lot.