Last minute baking:)


Still baking at the last minute, but wanted to try some super quick ideas. Needed some last minute cookies to take somewhere and decided to try this recipe I got from a girlfriend a few weeks ago. I am sure you've seen them around. I just slapped some canned Lemon Frosting on them to lemon them up a bit.





Lemon Cake Cookies


1 bx Lemon cake mix
2 whole eggs
1/3 c veg oil
1 tsp lemon extract
confectioners' sugar


Preheat oven to 375*
Mix everything (except confectioners' sugar) in a bowl. You night have to use your hands to get it completely mixed. Using teaspoon, scoop dough on waxed paper, then dust with powdered sugar. Transfer to baking sheet and bake 6-9 minutes. Bottoms will be light brown and nice and chewy inside. Makes about 24 cookies


My second batch of quick cookies was even easier! Betty Crocker does a cookie mix in a box - Snowball Cookie Mix (has chopped walnuts in mix).





Heat oven to 350*
Mix cookie mix and butter until soft dough forms. Shape into 1" balls, place 1" apart on un-greased sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set but not brown, cool about 3 minutes. Empty the powdered sugar packet into small bowl,roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar again. These were really good. Makes about 30 cookies.

 I think I will make some cakes in the morning...maybe some Bundt cakes that I want to try out. I have cakes swirling around in my head.... :)




Comments