Super Easy Beef Stew


This is my Super Easy Beef Stew - I make it on these days when we are running from school, to girl scouts, to orthodontist. It was perfect on this super freezing night. It will get down to 24º tonight...Brrr. Everyone ended the day with a nice hot meal...which is easy with a crock-pot, even on one of our craziest days.





2 pounds stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 tsp chopped garlic
3 cups water
1/2 sm onion ( I leave in big pieces so kids can pick out)
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
1 can baby green peas
1 jar mushrooms (with liquid)
hot cooked rice



Dredge your beef in flour. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the beef; brown on all sides. Repeat with remaining beef, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic and blend for a minute. Transfer to crock pot, in separate bowl I mix seasoning mix and water then pour over meat in crock pot. Add potatoes,carrots, onions and mushrooms in liquid.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until everything is tender. Throw in peas or can of corn to warm up. We serve ours over hot steamy rice.
Enjoy! It's Friday! Go see what's cooking!
FOODIE FRIDAY Click for details



Comments

bj said…
I do love a good stew. This sounds wonderful!
This will be totally perfect while I'm finishing the edits. Stew will please everyone!
Barbara said…
I am so happy to find another Texas blogger...will add you to my Texas list. Stew shounds good, perfect for this weather.

Barbara
Mary Bergfeld said…
What a perfect meal to beat back the damp and chill of an Oregon winter. Have a great day.
JAL said…
Hi - I saw your comment over on Bakerella about gluten free mixes. Try this company: http://www.cherrybrookkitchen.com/products/gf.php

I use them for milk-free products and have really loved them as much as any grocery store mix. No one has ever questioned the taste when I've baked something from them for a function. They have lots of gluten-free products, as well.
Oh how I love a good beef stew! Your photo is very appetizing too!

:)
ButterYum