Coconut Snowmen!

Whew! We are finally home! It is nice and sunny today and I am hoping it is the beginning of the end of winter. These are the only snowmen I want to see around here! This is an easy, moist coconut batter that makes about 12 sweet cupcakes.

 Cupcake
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup shredded coconut
Cream Cheese Icing

8 ounces cream cheese, cold
4 ounces butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners sugar
Milk to thin
coconut to decorate

Decorating Icing
I just used powdered sugar and a little milk, and food color. Mix and add more milk for thinner icing and more sugar for a thicker one.

 Preheat the oven to 350º. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.

In a large bowl, beat together the oil, sugar and eggs until thick and smooth. Beat in vanilla. In a medium bowl, shift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to the liquid mixture and beat until smooth. Beat in yogurt. Fold in coconut.
 

Pour batter into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 22 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then cool completely on a wire rack.

 For the icing, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the vanilla extract; then confectioners sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, if icing is too thick.

I rolled the edges of cupcakes in coconut and just added eyes and a little nose.
Enjoy!

Comments

Mickey, I have an award for you. :-) The post is here:
http://thekrazykitchen.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-am-so-thankful-for-all-wonderful-and.html
Oh my goodness... these are the cutest holiday cupcakes I think I've ever seen!

Oh, and thanks so much for the award!!

You made my day
:)
ButterYum
Tardevil said…
Love these guys. I'm like you...they're the only kind of snowmen I want to see, unless they're the kind made out of 3 icecream scoops frozen!