Monday, April 12, 2010

Banana Pudding Delux!

We had dinner out this weekend and the little one wanted Banana Pudding but it was late, everyone else was full...blah,blah,blah. She really wanted it :( I'm making it up to her today. I really wanted her to have her own little serving, so here it is. I hope she likes it. Really? Really, what's not to like?


 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 c cold water
1 (3.5oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
2 c Cool Whip
36 vanilla wafers
3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice

In large mixing bowl, combine condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix and beat until blended. Chill 5 minutes in refrigerator. Gently fold in Whip Cream just to combine (you want it to stay nice and thick)
I used cute little canning jars and just started layering. Nilla wafers on bottom and a couple on the sides, pudding, and then bananas.Repeat and then garnish tops with Cool Whip and a Nilla wafer.

Chill completely. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.....seriously..what leftovers :)
Go check out what Lisa's got cooking at:

7 comments:

Maria said...

Hi!
Oh this looks YUMMY!
Mixing the condensed milk/water & pudding sounds great... I must try that...
Great idea using the mason jars too... love the way it looks!
What a treat!
~Maria

Kristen said...

So pretty how you assembled the dessert in the canning jars - I love doing this as well!

Brenda said...

What a fun idea for an easy dessert. I bet I could do that with anything. I also love the idea of sweetened condensed milk and pudding, yum!

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Mickey,
Looks delightful as usual. We love nanner pudding, but have had to find a lowfat version, but it's good too!! thanks for your thoughts about the frozen yogurt for the Mexican icecream. Now that I have thought about Mexican icecream we are gonna have to give that a try.
Have a great day hon,
Blessings, Nellie

Kathleen said...

This sounds really delicious and I love how you served it in the little jars ;)

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

My hubby just walked by the computer as I was reviewing your post.
He said: "what's that?".
I said: "banana pudding."
He said: "oh."
Then I said, "WITH sweetened condensed milk."
He then said: "now you have my attention!"
LOL! The recipe looks great.
Thanks also for the bluebonnets in your header. Now that I am not in Texas for the springtime, I am really missing the bluebonnets.

Our Treasured Home said...

What a cute idea by using the canning jars!!