Glutten-Free Chex Brownies

You know I am always looking for new ways to make things or even how to make them better. It's a challenge to find recipes that might be low sugar, glutten free or even low fat. One thing I know for sure is my kids will not eat anything that taste like cardboard so I keep searching. Occasionally I find one. This recipe is from the Chex cereal webpage. Thankfully everyone loves this brand of brownies and we make these often, but you could use your regular brownie mix instead. The crunchy crust just makes them even better.


3 c Cinnamon Chex cereal
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 c melted butter
1 bx (16oz) Betty Crocker Gluten Free brownie mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c melted butter
2 eggs

Heat oven to 350º. Spray bottom only of 8" square pan with spray and set aside. Place cereal in a ziploc bag and crush to make 1 1/2 cups. In medium bowl, mix cereal, brown sugar and baking soda; stir in 1/4 c melted butter until well mixed. Reserve 1/3 c cereal mixture for topping. Press reserved cereal mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 5 minutes and then cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile in medium bowl, stir brownie mix, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 c melted butter and the eggs until well blended. Drop batter by small spoonfuls over baked Chex layer. Carefully spread brownie over baked layer; sprinkle with reserved 1/3 c cereal mix. Bake 30 - 34 minutes or until brownies look dry and set (brownies will be soft so don't use toothpick test). Cool completely - about 1 1/2 hours. Store tightly covered. 

Enjoy!

Comments

Maria said…
Good Morning! This looks soooo chocolaty! I'll have to pass this one on to my sis. She has a 'gluten free' neighbor who entertains a lot!
And these look like a party pleaser!

{I've been spoiled all week---no school!}
Next week, it's up and out by 7am!

Have a fabulous weekend!
~Maria
Mary Bergfeld said…
These look so good and chocolaty. I'm passing it on to my daughter who has a gluten intolerant child. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary