Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Marbled Brownies

Ok...just try not to hate me ...but these were so gooood. I know you will be making them soon. Can you just smell them? Use a boxed brownie mix to make them super easy too.
Make your brownies according to box directions, pour into your prepared 13 x9" pan and set aside. Here's your pumpkin mix:

2 eggs
3/4 c + 2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/4 c veg oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ginger
1 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla on high until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add your pumpkin and oil and beat until combined. Mix your spices, flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl - add in pumpkin mix until well combined. I always taste my pumpkin mix and add what I like. I always add about a tbsp of brown sugar to mine (or more :)). Spoon large dollops of pumpkin batter onto your brownie batter. I used my knife end and started swirling batters, don't over do it cause you want to keep that nice marble effect.
Bake at 350ยบ for 35-45 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean
Join the party today! It's Foodie Friday!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Pumpkin and spices and chocolate, oh my. This is one incredible recipe.

Erin said...

These look absolutely delicious! I can't wait to make them!