Pretend Thin Mints

Two more weeks until Christmas! Ha! I haven't even gotten half-way through my list...Oh well...I will not stress...it will get done...it always does.  I would rather be in my kitchen playing. 
Last week I found some mint chocolate chips and had to make some Pretend Thin Mints.  You've seen them everywhere and they are easy, pretty and would be perfect on a cookie tray or wrapped up as a gift. Try them like I said, they are easy.
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers (low salt if you can find them)
8 oz mint chocolate chips
crushed candy canes
Melt your chocolate in microwave bowl for about 30 seconds,  stirring every 10-15 seconds, continue stirring until smooth.
Using two forks dip each cracker into melted chocolate. Coat both sides, tap to let excess drip off. Set on wax paper and decorate with crushed candy canes. I just went back and rolled edges in melted chocolate and dipped them in crushed candy. Told you they were easy.
  This is linked to:
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday

Comments

Kristen said…
I love chocolate dipped Ritz crackers - but I've never rolled them in peppermint! Wonderful idea!
Jami said…
oohh! What a perfect (and simple) recipe! I can only remember about 2 ingredients anyway. LOL Thanks for sharing. :)
Erin said…
Oh my heck!!! Ritz crackers? genius! I bet they taste delicious!!!
SnoWhite said…
What an easy tasty treat :)
Melinda said…
I adore Thin Mints - and just happen to have both a box of Ritz crackers and milk chocolate chips in the pantry right now! Sounds like I might need satisfy a craving!
Katrina said…
Yum! Where/what kind of mint chips did you find, the icky looking green ones or were they chocolate?
Mickey said…
Katrina:
I used Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips. I got mine at my local Kroger but Walmart also sells them.
mickey