Chocolate Buttermilk Cookies

Get ready, these are so simple, you will be surprised how easy they are to make. Nice and crispy edges and soft chewy middles - pack them up for one of your lovies.
2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c butter (melted)
3/4 c cocoa powder
2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 c buttermilk
1/2 c chips (opt)



Preheat oven to 350º, line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt together. Melt butter. In a large bowl combined melted butter and cocoa powder and whisk until very smooth, next mix in sugar, vanilla and buttermilk. Gradually stir in flour mix until completely incorporated. You can stir in any chips you want. Roll into 1" balls and place onto prepared sheet about 2" apart. Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are set around the edges. Cool for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Linking up with Lisa for Sweets for Saturday over @

Comments

Crispy edges and chewy middles? Those chocolate cookies are right down my alley! (And I just happen to have fresh buttermilk in the refrigerator- can't let it go to waste now, can we?) Thanks for visiting my blog so I could find yours! You have many tasty treats here. :) (I love your sprinkles.)
pup said…
These look delicious!! I never thought to put buttermilk in cookies.. but I have put it in cupcakes.. so why not!?!
Unknown said…
What a lovely cookie! Perfect for Valentines!
Lisa said…
These cookies sound so fudgy and delicious. I just love how you take these cookies and then make them look so attractive on that plate. You've got a good eye. Thanks so much for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. I definitely appreciate the support. Hope to see you again next week, by which time I promise there will be a cute button that you can grab for your post.