Marshmallow Pecan Bars

Ever since Christmas I have been dying to try these out. I was lucky enough to score a giant bag of home grown pecans from Dad's back yard. Yeah me!
This one was a no-brainer. Marshmallows, pecans, caramel....you know you like all of those too.  I even love the oatmeal in the crust.
Eat them warm and gooey or let them set up overnight, they are still nice and chewy.
1 c chopped pecans (you can use peanuts if you like)
3/4 c flour
3/4 c quick cooking oatmeal
2/3 c brn sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg lightly beaten
1/3 c cold butter
Topping:
1 jar (7oz) marshmallow creme
2/3 c caramel ice cream topping
1 3/4 c chopped nuts
In small bowl combine chopped nuts, flour, oats, sugar and baking soda. Stir in egg, then cut in your cold butter until it's all crumbly. Using your fingers press into a 13x9" pan - just work it around. Bake at 350º for 8-10 minutes until it's lightly browned.
Spoon marshmallow creme over hot crust, let it melt a little then gently spread over crust. Drizzle with your caramel topping and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
Bake again for 15-20 minutes until your marshmallow top is just starting to brown.
Cool on wire rack and cut into bars.


I am linking up with Lisa at Sweets for a Saturday, go see what goodies they've made today!
SweetasSugarCookies
Go join up with My Sweet Creations for Sweet Sunday! Add your sweets to her list!

Comments

collettakay said…
Printed and waiting anxiously to try this one out!

Thanks!
Nothing like pick up freshly dropped pecans!! My husband, children and I used to shell them as we talk and have a great family time. :) The recipe looks wonderful!
Jessica said…
This looks fantastic, can't wait to try it out.
OMG! These look AMAZING. I love anything marshmallow. Of course with the addition of oatmeal here I can also consider these to be healthy. ;-)
Kankana said…
This is such an interesting dish .. i have to have to try this .. I am following you ..
House Of Aqua said…
Even better with the homegrown pecans! Lucky! Thanks for participating in Sweet Sunday!
Mary Bergfeld said…
Mickey, these look wonderful. I'd love to have one with my coffee. I'll wager these are delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary
Anonymous said…
Pecans and Marshmallows, YUM! I am definitely going to make these.
Manu said…
Delicious!!!
I'll have to try them soon!
Lisa said…
I apologize for taking so long to come here and leave a comment on these delicious treats. I love the gooey factor of these bars and the pecans sound like they would add a great crunch in contrast.
Kerri said…
Wow! These bars look/sound awesome...I'm definately going to try these!