Pecan Pie Cookies

Today is Pecan Pie day! I can not make a pie today...no way... it's so hot....but cookies...yeah I can turn the oven on for 18 minutes :) These were easy and a great substitution for a slice of the real thing - cute little pecan pie cookies. Try them.
1c brn sugar
3/4 c butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Filling
1 c chopped pecans
1/2 c brn sugar
1/4 c whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
Karo syrup (golden) opt
Heat oven to 350º
Combine all cookie ingredients except flour and baking powder in large bowl, beat at medium speed until creamy. reduce speed to low, add flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
Shape dough into 1 1/4" balls - place them about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets ( I used mini muffin tins instead). Make an indention in each cookie with your thumb to hold your filling.
Combine all your filling ingredients and fill each cookie with about 1 heaping tsp of filling. Bake 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with Karo syrup.
Cool 1 minute, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Linking up with :
Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays




Comments

This looks so good. I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared some of your recipes with us.
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!
Erin said…
Best cookies ever!!! Love these little bad boys. I wish I had some right now, as a matter of fact. They look wonderful!
Kim Bee said…
Found your site through Tasty Kitchens. Very lovely blog. Kim