Chocolate Walnut Brownies

I love brownies but usually make them for the kids, you know with candy or topped with a chocolate icing......well sometimes I crave a real brownie. I love fudgy chocolate brownies especially with coffee! Add nuts and you have perfection. I made a batch for myself, yep my family hates walnuts  - I will freeze most of the batch for later.
1 1/4 c flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
14 (1oz) semisweet squares, finely chopped
1 c sugar
1/2 c butter
1/4 c light corn syrup
1/4 c strong brewed coffee
3 lg eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
1 c chopped walnuts
Line a 13x9" pan with foil - let foil hang over for easy removal, coat with cooking spray, set aside.
Combine flour and next three ingredients in a small bowl. Place chopped semi-sweet chocolate in a large bowl, set bowls aside.
Combine sugar and next three ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over med-heat, stirring constantly, until sugar and butter melt and mixture comes to a rolling boil, let stand 2 minutes (do not stir).
Bear at low speed until chocolate melts and mix is smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well. Next add flour, beat at med-speed until well blended. Stir in vanilla and walnuts.
Spoon batter into prepared pan, spread evenly.
Bake at 350º for 38- 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Using foil overhang, take out brownies and invert onto cutting board. Cut into squares or triangles. I had to make mine into circles :)
Freeze your fudgy scraps for ice cream toppings.
Update: Two out of the four non-walnuts eaters loved these :)


Linking up with:

Comments

House Of Aqua said…
They look amazingly delicious, I love the shape of them too!
Anonymous said…
Any time I see chocolate I have to check it out,this looks divine!
I'm visiting from FOODIE FRIDAY.
~Jo
Anonymous said…
And I am now newest happy follower.Hope you can follow back.
~Jo