Pumpkin Pie Cake Bars

November always starts my pumpkin craze. I made this for Big Daddy to take in to work tomorrow - they have been working crazy hours . So sad..:( Gotta make them happy. I need to send them goodies to keep their sugar levels up ....and so I don't have my fat levels go up either :) they deserve some sugar right ? Simple easy little pumpkin pie cake bars.
1 yellow cake mix (reserve almost 1 cup)
1 egg
1 stick of butter (melted)

Filling:
1 (20 oz) can of pumpkin puree
2/3 c brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
2/3 c milk
Topping:
4oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c Cool Whip (thawed but not melted)
2 c powdered sugar
graham cracker crumbs
Mix cake mix, egg and butter. Press into 13x9" pan. Mix pumpkin filling and pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved dry cake mix. Bake at 350º for 45-50 minutes.
Mix cream cheese, Cool Whip, and powdered sugar - spread on top of cooled cake. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate and then cut into bars. Keep them stored in fridge.
Linking up over at :

Comments

Erin said…
Is it bad that I want these right now for breakfast???
Mickey said…
Erin,
Nope, they were that good :)
Mickey