Green Monster

I've never been a breakfast person but I do know that everyone should be. Unfortunately my kids are starting to go down that road too. It's a new year so I am trying new things...blah, blah, blah.
I have seen this green smoothie all over town and wanted to give it a try. I mean if I HAVE to eat breakfast, it has to be small and like a drink. I can't stand the smell of eggs and bacon in the morning :p,  So here goes my experiment.
about 4 handfuls of  fresh baby spinach (just squish it in there)
1 sm banana
1/2 c oj
a couple of chunks of mango
1 sm kiwi
Pour in oj and add a couple of handfuls of spinach and puree everything. Add in the rest of your fruit. This is definitely something you can change around to fit your family's taste. As long as your fruit is "light" in color it will be this bright green color. If you add blueberries or strawberries, you will get a Brown Monster :D...still taste good but I know my kids wouldn't touch it.
This is just one small way I'm trying to get breakfast into this body...into the kid's bodies too. Not a cupcake but super tasty and sweet, it's perfect for on the go too. Kept me full until dinner time, no kidding. Hopefully my arms won't pump up like Popeye's with all the spinach  - I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Hi Mickey,
How are you??

That is a very colorful drink, and love that it has spinach and it taste good.........I love the ease and the taste of smoothies, they are great,
I would probably add some frozen yogurt to mine, course it might make it less bright..........
Great idea tho, so may just have to give it a try some morning.
Thanks for sharing the great idea,
Blessings, Nellie
Anonymous said…
Absolutely loved this!. Thanks for sharing!