Thursday, April 26, 2012

Payday Bars

Remember Payday Candy bars? I love the sweet and salty mix and originally wanted to try to make them at home but I came across this gem and tried it instead. I will put candy bars on my list. Loved these.

1 bx yellow cake mix
1/2 c butter, melted
2 eggs
3 c mimi marshmallows
3/4 c light corn syrup
1 c peanut butter
1 1/2 c salted peanuts
Mix dry cake mix, melted butter and eggs - stir until combined. It will be a little thick but don't worry. Spraying a tiny bit of cooking spray onto hands helps. Now press cake mixture into a 13x9" pan. Bake in 350º oven for about 10-12 minutes (mine cooked at 13minutes).
While cake bottom is baking - combine syrup, peanut butter and peanuts in a small pot. Stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Take cake out of oven and sprinkle mini marshmallows over cake, return to oven for another 5 minutes.
Drizzle your peanut butter mix over top of marshmallows. Let cool then cut into squares.
Linking up with:
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Sweet Tooth Friday

8 comments:

MySweetCreations said...

They look delicious! Wow! :)

Erin said...

I love Payday candy bars! But with a cake mix? I'm totally intrigued! Thanks. I'm going to try these!

Christie Cottage said...

That recipe is printing as I am typing :-) Thanks for sharing!

<><

Cozyflier said...

Sounds Awesome! I'm trying this really soon! Thanks for sharing.
Carrie

lulumusing said...

Payday is my most favorite candy bar, but I never thought of making one. I will now thanks to you!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Micky,
You are after my heart, I just love Payday Bars, and I am so excited to have this recipe, this is just awesome! Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Mary Ellen said...

Pay days are one of my favorite candy bars!

I found you via Pinterest. Someone pinned a recipe supposedly from your site for 7 up bisquits. I would love to find the recipe but it is not linked to the page- would you be able to help me please?

Thank you!

Me And My Sweets said...

Yummie! I just found your blog on Foodie Friday. I'll host my own party every month called My Sweet Party and I would love you to join. Please visit my blog for mor info.

http://meandmysweets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-sweet-party-chocolate-cake-love.html

Have a nice day!

Johanna