Apple Toffee Blondies

I just found her and I love her....and you will too. I came across Christina from Desserts for Two this week and have been hooked. I love that all her recipes are for "two". How perfect is that? For the times you don't want to share or times when you are not baking for the kids (yeah sometimes I don't bake with them in mind) :D I know many of you already know her but, she has so many recipes that I will be trying.... that I had to share her :(
My first creation is this brownie.
3 tbsp unsalted melted butter
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 lg egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 c flour
1 small apple, peeled and finely diced
1/4 c toffee bits (I might have added more)
Preheat the oven to 350º and line a 9" bread loaf pan with parchment paper (let it overhand a little so you can get it out easier) and set aside. In a medium bowl melt butter, then stir in sugars, egg and vanilla. Add your cinnamon, salt and flour. Now stir in  diced apples and spread into your prepared pan.
Bake for 28-34 minutes or until edges start to pull away from pan and center is done. Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then lift brownies out with parchment paper, slice and eat.
Linking up with:

Comments