Chocolate Chili Whoopie Pies

Found this chocolate over at Whole Foods and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.
With Dad's birthday coming up I decided to make these tiny pies for him. I love whoopie pies because they are so versatile, they can be mixed matched with just about any flavors and fillings. Really a great little treat that you can dress up for any holiday too. I really wanted to find a super easy way to make them…..and this is it. Try this easy version and you will be making them over and over again :)
Pies:
1 bx Fudge chocolate cake mix
1/4 c grounded spicy dark chocolate
2 eggs
⅓ c veg oil
1/3 c water
Filling:
½ c softened butter
½ c marshmallow cream
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon (I used about 2 tsp)
2 ½ c powdered sugar
3-5 tbsp whipping cream
Mix cake mix, eggs, veg oil, and water for about 3 minutes until combined. Using a small scooper (or spoon) drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto parchment lined cookie sheet. I got about 9 cookies on each pan.
Bake at 350º for about 9 minutes, remove to wire rack to cool completely. Now you can make your filling.
Using mixer, beat butter, marshmallow cream, salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Gently add your powdered sugar and whipping cream. Mix until nice and smooth.
Pipe filling onto one side of cookie then top with 2 cookie…like a sandwich. I added some more grounded chocolate to tops for extra spice. They didn't need it at all. t got about 24 little pies but I guess it really depends on the size they are piped :)
Linking up with:
Foodie Friday

Comments

I love spicy food and adding it to a whoopie pie sounds delicious!