Insalata Caprese


So simple and fresh. You can't beat a healthy pretty dish like this - you don't even have to turn on the oven and it's ready in minutes. I love having it when I go out to dinner and wanted to try it at home. So good, I could live off of these...seriously. Now go stack it.
2 slices of a large ripe tomato cut into 1/4 inch thick slices 

2 slices of fresh Mozzarella cut into 1/4 inch thick slices 
4 fresh basil leaves
Kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette or extra virgin olive oil

I stacked my tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil leaf in this order: tomato slice, sprinkle with salt and pepper, mozzarella slice, two basil leaves, tomato slice, mozzarella slice and two fresh basil leaves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette or extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.



    Add an avocado slice and it turns into a Tricolore salad...yummy.
    Enjoy!                                          

    Comments

    Avril said…
    Yummy yum YUM! So glad you've posted this recipe....I've been thinking that it is def getting to be that time of year when I can find really ripe and tasty tomatoes in the in market - perfect for this salad. :-)
    Mary Bergfeld said…
    It really is gorgeous! I'm so glad you posted it. It's a reminder of how simple things can be delicious as well as the fact that summer will be here before we know it. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary
    Maria said…
    I can almost taste this!
    There's nothing like fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil together!
    Oh ... I just emailed you a BIG thank you for all the help you sent my way!
    You have such GREAT ideas ... I will be shopping for sundae cups for sure!
    *Blessings*
    Maria