Vegetable Titan

Loved this so much that I had to tell you about it. I know I'm usually a "sweetie" to you guys but this one is a winner. Pretty, easy and so good and perfect for my little Vegan. You have to use those veggies in that fridge anyways, right?

Preheat oven to 400º
 tbsp olive oil + more to toss the veggies with
1 med yellow onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 med zucchini
1 med yellow squash
1 med potato
salt & pepper
2 tsp Italian seasonings (or whatever spices you like)
1 c shredded Italian cheese (I also used cheddar)
*tomatoes
Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan and over medium heat, sauté chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook until soft and translucent. Pour them into your 8x8" glass dish and spread them out to cover bottom.
Using my mandolin I thinly sliced the squash, zucchini and potato. I tossed them with about 3 tsp of olive oil, 2 tsp of your spices and salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat them. Now start stacking them vertically in rows, alternating them in a pretty pattern. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes then remove foil and sprinkle with cheese - however much you like really :) Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling and nice and gold.

*I didn't use sliced tomatoes because I knew it might get too watery so I just chopped a handful of cherry tomatoes and threw them on top.

Comments